Um artigo interessante da Microsoft:
Windows Vista incorporates numerous defensive strategies to protect customers from exploits. Some of these defenses are in the core operating system, and others are offered by the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. The defenses include:
* /GS Stack buffer overrun detection.
* /SafeSEH exception handling protection.
* No eXecute (NX) / Data Execution Prevention (DEP) / eXecute Disable (XD).
* Address space layout randomization (ASLR).
* Heap randomization.
* Stack randomization.
* Heap corruption detection.
In the rest of this document, we will briefly explain each of these defenses and offer guidance deployment and test guidance.