Gartner Highlights Key Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2010 and Beyond
- By 2012, 20 percent of businesses will own no IT assets.
- By 2012, India-centric IT services companies will represent 20 percent of the leading cloud aggregators in the market (through cloud service offerings).
- By 2012, Facebook will become the hub for social network integration and Web socialization.
- By 2014, most IT business cases will include carbon remediation costs.
- In 2012, 60 percent of a new PC's total life greenhouse gas emissions will have occurred before the user first turns the machine on.
- Internet marketing will be regulated by 2015, controlling more than $250 billion in Internet marketing spending worldwide.
- By 2014, over 3 billion of the world's adult population will be able to transact electronically via mobile or Internet technology.
- By 2015, context will be as influential to mobile consumer services and relationships as search engines are to the Web.
- By 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide.