Denim Group Provides Guidance on Application Security Trends for 2011
1. Mobile application security concerns will dominate headlines
2. Moving to the Cloud places enterprises at the mercy of corporate terms of service rather than the Constitution and Bill of Rights
3. Developing applications for the Cloud will present new security threats previously not considered.
4. The Payment Card Industry will continue to drive application security investment
5. Introduction of malware into iTunes / Droid Apps stores
6. Demand for application security talent will jump dramatically; the supply for said talent will grow at a slower rate
7. Utility systems will accelerate Smart Grid adoption with little or no attention paid to security.
8. Candidates for the next big application breach? The mid-size enterprise.